The objective of the design is to create a ‘memorial park’ that will become a national symbol of reconciliation to commemorate
the civil victims of the Korean War and to offer some comfort to their bereaved families. The project is composed of two major
elements; the memorial hall that is place to help people understand the history of conflicts, and the open park where a wide
range of activities and purposes, such as education, exhibition, communication, commemoration, and rest, can be opened up
to citizens based on understanding of the unique context that includes the tragic incident occurred in the site.
- - Building-to-land ratio and floor-area ratio
- The Building-to-land ratio should be less than 20%.
(Article 45, Clause 1. Guideline of Urban Planning of the City of Daejeon)
- The floor-area ratio should be less than 80%.
(Article 50, Clause 1. Guideline of Urban Planning of the City of Daejeon)
- - Number of Floors
- The story of the building should not exceed 4 floors.
(Attached Table 17 in Enforcement Ordinance of National Land Planning and Utilization Act)
- - Parking
- The number of parking spaces should be at least one (1) per 150㎡ of the facility area.
(Article 6, Clause 1 in Enforcement Ordinance of Parking Space)
- In case that the required number of parking bays is not less than 50, parking for disabled should be added by 3% of the total parking bays.
(Article 14, Clause 2 in Parking Guidelines of the City of Daejeon)
- Master Plan Guidelines
- Master plan should include :
- The main theme and its design strategies for the master plan to realize the design objective.
- The traffic and circulation plan with full consideration of the present conditions of the urban environment.
- A landscape plan that will preserve and enhance the site by respecting the current onditions of the natural environment.
- Full understanding of the design guidelines and regulations, reflecting them in the plan.
- The integrated design among the field of architecture, landscape, urban planning, civil engineering, etc.
- A symbolic space in which the memorial hall and park are sensitively designed.
- Pleasant walkways that are in harmony with natural landscape.